1. Gifts must be handmade by you, or,
2. Purchased from someone else who handmade it, check out Etsy or Artfire, go to a craft fair, or,
3. Upcycled items such as thrift store, antique store or garage sale treasures. If this one is alarming to you maybe you should think about what it really costs to make something new, the energy to make it, ship it, house it and how buying something pre-loved is using a resource which has already made its impact. My brother asked me if buying someone a, basket counts, I said yes but buy a pre-owned basket, really could you really tell if you received a new basket or not and if it was new would that make it a better basket?
The point is to use your imagination instead of buying all the mass produced stuff at the mall which every store is going to convince us we need and will make our Christmas this year perfect. Shop at home first. If you are a crafter, you have a stash. Most of us crafters don’t even know all the stuff that is in our stash so instead of heading over to the craft store, shop from your stash first.
Even if you do not have a blog or have nothing to link to, Please post your ideas or what you will be giving to your loved ones.
If you are game, here is the pledge:
I, state your name, pledge to:
To take a political stance against mass consumerism of Christmas
To give gifts that are unique, meaningful and full of love
Thank you so much for joining me in this Craft Along. Below is a linky list if you would like to add a link to your Craft Along project this week. You may add what you are currently working on or even an old project that you would make as a gift again this year.
To add your link, copy and paste from your browser the URL from your blog post or specific Flickr picture and not your main blog URL so we do not have to hunt for your post.
Please include a link back here, to the Craft Along, in your blog post or Flickr photo page.
Now to the giveaway!! This week, the handmade goodness is from Alex at The Cloverdilly
Alex makes the daintiest earrings and every time I wear them, I get comments or people just plain ask me where I got them. She is offering one lucky winner their choice color of earrings.
These earrings would be an amazing present for a girl of ANY age! Or you could just hog them all to yourself!
For a chance to win, just leave a comment
For additional entries:
1. Become a follower of my blog, come back and leave a comment telling me that you are now a follower or already were a follower.
2. Like me on Facebook (again, leave a comment letting me know) You can find the Like Me button at the top of the blog.
3. Blog about it on your own blog or Facebook, or both!
4. Go over to The Clover Dilly, leave a comment telling us which is your favorite pair of earrings.
Good luck and I can’t wait to see what you are working on! This giveaway will be open until Sunday night so you have until then to link your project. Please make sure to check back in case you are the winner.
Since this post was already so long, I will be posting tomorrow my ideas for this week. Hope to share my projects with you then! Now get planning and get to work.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or follow me by email at the top right hand of the screen to have future posts sent to you. Tricia (Crunchy Catholic Momma)