What I have been putting off for about a year now, is now done. My Etsy store is up and running and my first pattern has been tested, tested and retested, made into a pdf, pictures done and it is now listed for sale. Yipee!!!! Why did I put this off so long?
I have a few dozen crochet patterns that I have designed and written, but that does not mean that they are done. That just means that I can use it.
In order to offer a crochet pattern for sale, here are the things you must do:
1. Come up with an idea.
2. Work on creating the item and write down the stitches and steps used.
3. Write, re-write and make changes to get it the way you envisioned it.
4. Make up a sample.
5. Get someone or a few people to test your pattern.
6. Get the perfect picture (the picture is everything)
7. Type up your pattern in a professional manner using some type of desk top publishing program.
8. Covert your pattern into a PDF
9. Place it for sale, cross your fingers that someone else will think your baby is as cute as you do.
Here is my baby:
Check it out here.
I want to thank everyone who wrote to encourage me and all your kind words on the baby penny loafer pattern. Stay tuned, the best is yet to come.